2012 a Banner Year for Solstice; Company Thriving in Changing Healthcare Climate
January 14, 2013
Solstice, a dental, vision and life insurance carrier in South Florida, had a stellar year in 2012. This, despite an ever-changing industry due to healthcare reform.
“Healthcare is undeniably shifting with the Affordable Care Act and healthcare reform,” said Solstice COO Carlos Ferrera. “It’s no longer in the distant future. It’s here. In the midst of this significant shift in our industry, Solstice has created success and growth. We have developed tools to overcome challenges and established plans to thrive in the new insurance landscape.”
Some notable achievements and milestones for the company in 2012 include:
• Received URAC accreditation: The Washington, DC-based health care accrediting organization establishes quality standards for the health care industry. It offers programs and services that keep pace with the rapid changes in the healthcare system, and provide a symbol of excellence for organizations to validate their commitment to quality and accountability.
• Achieved SSAE-16 certification: Demonstrates Solstice’s ability to handle data in a secure, sound environment. A critical component to achieving this certification is an organization’s ability to reduce risk and provide clients with controlled security measures.
• Made Inc. magazine’s list of top 5,000 fastest growing companies in America – ranking No. 15 in insurance and ranking in the top 16 overall.
• Received Inc.’s Hire Power Award for job creation.
• Named one of Florida Trend’s “Best Companies to Work for in Florida” for a second consecutive year.
• Named one of South Florida’s Healthiest Employers.
• Named a Platinum-Level Fit Friendly Company.
• Launched PPO dental products in the Florida market.
• Launched DHMO products in the Northeast.
• Launched new website—www.SolsticeBenefits.com—which earned an Outstanding Website Award from the Web Marketing Association.
• Launched broker quoting tool: Allows brokers to generate instant dental and vision benefit quotes for employee groups under 50. To date, Solstice is one of the only ancillary benefits organizations to offer a tool of this kind to the insurance broker community.
• Raised over $31,000 for the American Heart Association, earning top small business fundraiser, top online fundraiser, top walk teams and more.
• For Eyes joined Solstice vision network.
• Aspen Dental joined Solstice dental network.
• Welcomed over 70,000 new members through 1/1/14.
• Hired 28 new employees.
• Promoted 19 people…almost 25 percent of Solstice’s workforce.
“The rate of innovation at Solstice today is providing access to care through our unique plan model, creating jobs, and challenging us like never before; I believe we’re up to that challenge,” said Ferrera. “I’m proud of how Solstice is taking ancillary benefits to the next level to deliver the healthcare solutions of the future. We are more committed than ever to the future success of Solstice, and we know that exciting days are on the horizon—for our industry, our clients and for Solstice.”
Solstice is a privately held Florida corporation based in Plantation, FL. Solstice administers and markets dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life, and short- and long-term disability benefits plans. Solstice and its affiliates also offer life insurance benefits in Florida, and Third Party Administration (TPA) services in the Florida, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, California, Maryland, and Ohio markets—and are in the process of expanding nationwide. It was named one of “Florida’s Best Companies to Work For 2012” by Florida Trend and ranked No. 15 in the Insurance Industry on Inc. magazine’s 2012 “America’s Fastest Growing Companies” list. For information on Solstice, contact 1.877.760.2247 or visit www.SolsticeBenefits.com.
Back to News